Thursday, October 16, 2008

Well what do ya know??!!

I always thought that those people that get stuck in a rut and only listen to a certain kind of music or a certain time period of music or the music they listened to in their high school or college days were just not really into music or just sheep that followed the herd. Well what do ya know it seems like that has been me over the last couple of years. I've tended to look to the past more and more for music instead of the current crop of bands and music. There seems to be nothing out there I really like. Is it because the music that typically moves me is not commercial enough to sell to advertising companies for fast food chains or Nissan car commercials ?
Well a big fat shimmering light of hope is an Akron Ohio based band called The Black Keys. I got in to these guys a couple of years ago and I think they are great. A two piece band that is this good just rules!
Check em out!!

www.theblackkeys.com

No comments: